Coconut “Butter” from Alegría Fresh2013-05-10
- 1 ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon soy lecithin
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Sea salt to taste, up to 1 teaspoon
- Lecithin, an emulsifier, and nutritional yeast, which lends savory umami, are available at natural-foods stores.
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender.
Mix until smooth and emulsified.
Chill for 2 to 4 hours, then whisk or stir well.
Store at room temperature, or chilled.
Coconut butter is super simple to make in a food processor.