- Servings : 4
- Ready In : 20m
This South-of-the-Border variation to your Healthiest Way of Eating is a great way to add a variety of vegetables to your meal.
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, diced into 1/2 -inch cubes
- 2 cups yellow squash, diced in 1-inch cubes
- 15 oz can (BPA free) diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 oz can (BPA free) of diced green chili
- 1 TBS + 3 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 TBS fresh chopped fresh oregano (or 1 TBS dried oregano)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- *Optional: drizzle with olive oil before serving
Slice onion and chop garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out their health-promoting benefits.
Prepare all the vegetables.
Heat 1 TBS broth in 11-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onions in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for another minute.
Add zucchini, yellow squash, remaining broth, green chili, and cook for another 3 minutes or so until vegetables are tender, stirring often. Add tomatoes and continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
Stir in herbs, salt, and pepper.
Mexican-flavored vegetable side dish – Healthy Food Tip and Recipe